RYAN BAKKEN: Smoking ban will broaden in Grand Forks parksGrand Forks Herald“Our first step should be to enact no smoking rules the way they have been defined by the state,” Commissioner Molly Soeby said.
See on www.grandforksherald.com
Smoking Without The Harmful Smoke
Very Limited Ecigs Offer
FirstpostDrop-outs from tobacco de-addiction centres multiplyFirstpostNew Delhi The attraction of haphazardly publisheded posters and handouts stating ‘Quit Smoking’ and showing a stubbed out cigarette in an ashtray indicates a smoker’s fallen short effort at …
See on www.firstpost.com
Philippine Headline NewsMMDA sets up mobile anti-smoking clinicGMA News”We can now go around the metropolis offering advice to smokers, especially to those who really want to stop smoking but do not know how, or have no means to seek professional…
See on www.gmanetwork.com
They have become the method of choice to quit smoking. With all the attention being given to Electronic Cigarettes, people are beginning to wonder if they are really better than all the other quit smoking products on the market.
The simple answer to the question is yes. Electronic Cigarettes are easily the most effective way to quit smoking tobacco and they are providing smokers with better results than they have previously been able to achieve. Smokers who have tired to quit many times, only to fail over and over, are now tobacco free thanks to the Electronic Cigarette.
When a smoker tries to quit using a nicotine patch or a pill, they may be getting the nicotine their body craves but they are missing all the other activities that are part of the deeply imprinted smoking ritual. This is the key to why Electronic Cigarettes are better and more effective. When you use an Electronic Cigarette, you are able to duplicate all the various functions of smoking a cigarette but without actually burning any tobacco.
The Electronic Cigarette looks like a real cigarette, you hold it like a real cigarette, you drag on it like a real cigarette and you inhale a nicotine vapor that mimics the smoke from a real cigarette. This allows you feel as if you are actually smoking but without burning tobacco and filling your lungs with 59 known carcinogens and over 5000 other chemicals. Not only does the Electronic Cigarette help you quit smoking but it is significantly better for you lungs and your health.
If you are looking for a way to quit smoking that really works, try the Electronic Cigarette. It is better for your health, better for your lungs and better than any other method of quitting smoking. Your lungs will thank you, your friends will thank you and your family will thank you for finally giving up tobacco with the Electronic Cigarette.
There should not be the slightest doubt in the mind of any smoker that quitting smoking is a great idea. Unfortunately, like many great ideas, giving up tobacco is easier to talk about than to accomplish. As a smoker for over 40 years, I probably tried to quit at least 20 times. The longest I was able to stop smoking using methods like willpower, nicotine patches and pills was about 4 weeks.
Why did I fail to quit smoking so many times? What was missing in my program? Certainly, quitting cold turkey is the least likely way to succeed but why didn’t traditional nicotine replacement work for me?
The answer to my questions became obvious when I learned about the electric cigarette and ordered my first electronic cigarette starter kit. As I opened the box and assembled the device, everything became as clear as a cloudless day. While nicotine replacement will provide the smoker with the nicotine their body craves, there is so much more involved in smoking than just satisfying your addiction to nicotine. No other quit smoking device so closely matches every aspect of smoking a real cigarette as the electronic cigarette.
Smoking involves a complicated ritual that becomes deeply ingrained in the smoker’s mind. Every step of the process becomes part of the smoking habit. Lighting a cigarette, holding it in your hand, putting it to your lips, dragging on the cigarette and inhaling the smoke. The deep satisfaction of feeling your lungs fill with smoke and the calm that follows as the nicotine enters your bloodstream, travels through your body and finally triggers receptors in your brain.
Consider how much is actually involved in smoking and you will begin to understand why it is so hard to quit. It becomes much easier to grasp why patches and pills are rarely successful and why quitting by willpower alone is such a struggle.
The electronic cigarette is a game changer. The electronic cigarette looks just like a real cigarette. It allows you to hold it in your hand, put in between your lips and inhale. The difference is that there is no tobacco involved and nothing is burned. You are not inhaling smoke but rather a vapor that contains a small amount of nicotine in every drag. You are able to satisfy your addiction to nicotine without inhaling the more than 5000 chemicals and 59 known carcinogens you get with every drag of tobacco.
How Does It Work?
For those readers who have never seen an electronic cigarette, here is a brief description. The electronic cigarette is a two part metal tube that look just like a real cigarette. The larger part, which corresponds to the part of the cigarette that contains the tobacco, holds a small lithium ion battery and a heating element. The end of this section has a tiny led that lights up when the user inhales in order to simulate the glowing end of cigarette.
The smaller section of the electronic cigarette matches the filter on a tobacco cigarette and hold a replaceable cartridge full of liquid nicotine solution. Each individual nicotine cartridge is equivalent to one pack of tobacco cigarettes. The two sections can be unscrewed to facilitate replacing the nicotine cartridge and to allow the user to recharge the battery used to power the heating element.
When you drag on the electronic cigarette, the heating element vaporizes a small amount of the nicotine solution and the user inhales the vapor. Each drag gives the user an amount of vapor that is equivalent to the amount of smoke you would get from a drag on a tobacco cigarette. You get the nicotine you need without inhaling all the poisons found in a tobacco cigarette and you get the satisfaction of feeling the vapor fill your lungs.
OK! Now you are more determined than ever to try again to quit smoking. Let’s get you started. The best way to begin using the electronic cigarette is to buy an electronic cigarette starter kit. The starter kit will include the actual electronic cigarette, a recharger that plugs into an ac outlet and replacement nicotine cartridges. The starter kit will also include an instruction manual and many come with a second recharger that plugs into the USB port on a computer. Some deluxe kits may include extras like a fancy leather pouch to carry your electronic cigarette or flavored nicotine cartridges.
There are so many electronic cigarettes to choose from and you may be confused as to how to go about finding the very best one. This is where our old favorite, the World Wide Web, can really come in handy. Open up your web browser and do a search on Goggle for “electronic cigarettes” to find a listing of all the most popular brands. Enter a keyword such as “electronic cigarette reviews” to find detailed reviews of many well known electronic cigarettes. There are even several electronic cigarette blogs on the internet that discuss anything and everything about electronic cigarettes.
Once you have done your research, read the electronic cigarette reviews and visited the electronic cigarette blogs, you can order your electronic cigarette starter kit from your chosen brand’s website. If you live near a major shopping mall, there may even be a kiosk that sells electronic cigarettes. While kiosks are convenient and allow you to avoid waiting for delivery, they usually only sell one specific brand of electronic cigarette. The choice between same day service and buying the exact brand you want is one you will have to make for yourself. Personally, I was lucky. I found the brand I had chosen at my local mall.
Obviously, you want to quit smoking in a safe and effective manner. You are probably wondering just how safe electronic cigarettes really are and if they actually work?
Here is what respected tobacco researcher,Dr. Michael Siegel of Boston University has to say about the safety and effectiveness of electronic cigarettes: “Tobacco contains about 5,000 known chemicals with as many as 100,000 more that haven’t yet been identified. E-cigarettes eliminate many of those ingredients. The relevant question is not, are these things safe? But are these things much safer than real cigarettes, and do they help people quit smoking? The answer to both of those questions we know is yes.”
Dr.Siegel went on to say, “The other products (nicotine patches and pills) are only replacing nicotine; this product is also dealing with the behavioral aspect of smoking. Holding and puffing are all part of addiction. The beauty of e-cigs is that they replace most of the behavioral stimuli that are associated with the smoking process. E-cigarettes seem relatively safe—at least safer than smoking regular cigarettes. They are a lot safer than smoking tobacco because there is no tobacco in these devices, only nicotine.”
While the fact that there is no tobacco in electronic cigarettes is certainly a positive step, you may be wondering what benefit there is to using a device that keeps you addicted to nicotine. Happily, there is an effective solution. To make giving up nicotine easier, the nicotine cartridges used in the electronic cigarette come in a wide range of strengths. The user can reduce the strength of the nicotine cartridge every few weeks until they are finally nicotine free as well as tobacco free. Many users have found that by reducing the strength of the nicotine cartridge every 4 to 6 weeks, they were able to slowly and successfully wean themselves off of nicotine completely.
Using the electronic cigarette and following a program of reducing the strength of the nicotine cartridge is certainly one of the safest, most effective ways to quit smoking. Electronic cigarettes have enabled thousands and thousands of smokers to give up tobacco and free themselves of their addiction to nicotine. This has allowed them to live a healthier life without the expense and risks of smoking. If you are ready to kick the tobacco habit, then you really should consider the electronic cigarette.
As more and more tobacco smokers become aware of the smokeless alternative, the realistic and satisfying electronic cigarette, they begin to understand their genuine opportunity to obtain nicotine without the tars and toxins contained in tobacco smoke. The reality is that smokers can give up their dangerous use of tobacco and choose a socially acceptable and enjoyable alternative – the electronic cigarette.
Naturally, since the electronic cigarette has only been on the market a little less than ten years, many people, especially non-smokers are suffering from serious misinformation about the advantages of an electronic cigarette over a tobacco cigarette. People question the safety of an electronic cigarette, as well as its ability to help smokers stop smoking entirely. Perhaps most critics question whether electronic cigarettes will entice children and young adults to start using nicotine as well. This list was written to inform smokers and the general public alike.
1. Most smokers wonder if an electronic cigarette will feel the same as tobacco cigarettes. No, they don’t have exactly the same feel, but close enough. Former smokers have reported dropping their pack-a-day tobacco habit when they switched to an electronic cigarette. Fortunately, the oral and tactile sensation is similar and the harmless water vapor tastes, feels and actually looks like tobacco smoke. An electronic cigarette delivers instant nicotine satisfaction that tobacco smokers crave.
2. People wonder if an electronic cigarette is safe. But everyone knows that tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 toxic chemicals, so an electronic cigarette is refreshingly free of them all since there is no smoke involved at all. As far as the use of tobacco is concerned, the smoke itself is the greatest health hazard. Electronic cigarettes deliver nicotine as the user inhales a solution of flavoring and nicotine in a base agent, and so there is no tobacco in the mix, only tobacco flavoring. There is no tobacco and there is no tobacco smoke.
The Royal College of Physicians has reported that nicotine has not been proven to cause any long term health dangers. Vapor produced by an electronic cigarette vapor contains four or more ingredients, all of which are GRAS, or generally recognized as safe.
3. Serious smokers wonder if an electronic cigarette can help them quit smoking. Although electronic cigarettes cannot be marketed as smoking cessation devices at present, there is plenty of evidence that they can help smokers quit. Smokers who desire a smokeless alternative offering the advantage of nicotine delivery in a social setting have found exactly what they have been looking for when they pick up an electronic cigarette. However, abandoning all nicotine consumption may be another goal, and that, too, can be achieved by the use of an electronic cigarette without nicotine content.
4. Many people wonder if electronic cigarettes are approved by the FDA. At the present time the electronic cigarette industry is not regulated by the FDA, although that may change in the future.
5. Several public interest groups are opposed to electronic cigarettes, for a variety of reasons. Some are calling for more clinical studies in the interest of public safety. Others simply want a piece of action in the huge, growing market for electronic cigarettes.
6. New vapers wonder whether an electronic cigarette be used anywhere. Technically, the answer is yes. Since there is no combustion involved, there is no smoke and therefore no second hand smoke. The vapor emitted by an electronic cigarette does not threaten the health of non-smokers as does tobacco smoke. However, many people, primarily non-smokers, cannot tell the difference between tobacco cigarettes and electronic cigarettes, so great distress can come about by their confusion. Vapers must use discretion in choosing where to use their electronic cigarette.
7. Parents and public agencies worry that children and young adults will become interested in electronic cigarettes. This is a legitimate concern that certainly has merit, but it just as certainly should not be used as a reason to dismiss an adult pleasure. Specialty flavoring for electronic cigarettes seems to be the main concern, as is the idea of “looking cool,” similar to real cigarettes, and the fact that electronic cigarette flavoring comes in a variety of fun flavors. The initial cost of an electronic cigarette starter kit is fifty to one hundred dollars, which is impractical for most kids. The target market is adult smokers looking for a smokeless alternative to tobacco cigarettes.
8. Everybody wonders which electronic cigarette is the best. Of course this issue is highly debatable, and the truth is that it depends on exactly what the user is looking for, what he or she prefers. Some cheap brands have caused problems, but there are certainly some higher quality manufacturers on the scene now. Research and experimentation will help the user make a good choice. It may be worth spending a few more dollars upfront to get the best quality electronic cigarette, one that’s capable of providing an enjoyable and stress-free vaping experience.
9. Curious people wonder what electronic cigarettes cost. A quality starter kit, which includes a rechargeable battery, one or two chargers and five nicotine cartridges, costs at least $50, and up to $100 – $150. Replacement packs of five cartridges each cost $10 – $15, and each cartridge is estimated to last as long as one to one and a half packs of tobacco cigarettes. By anyone’s calculations that comes out to about $2 – $3 for the equivalent of one pack of tobacco cigarettes.
10. And finally, people who are curious enough to try electronic cigarettes want to know where to buy them. The best deals can definitely be found online.