Quitting The Easy Way With An E Cigarette – Part 5
I’ve have now been using the e cigarette for almost a month and i think this would be a good time to list out some of the pros and cons of quitting smoking by using the cigarette. My list is formed from my own experiences using the e cigarette and from numerous conversations with others who are also using the e cigarette to quit smoking tobacco.
Pros Of Using An E Cigarette:
1. The e cigarette supplies users with a regular, measured dose of nicotine and this prevents the physical discomfort of nicotine withdrawal.
2. The e cigarette satisfies many of the deep rooted rituals of cigarette smoking such as the oral gratification of having a cigarette in your mouth and the nervous habit of using your hands to hold or manipulate a cigarette.
3. The e cigarette helps prevent much of the fear and psychological stress of quitting smoking.
4. The e cigarette creates no odor, messy ashtrays or the discoloration of one’s skin and environment that smoking tobacco can cause.
5. The e cigarette gives off no harmful second hand smoke to make others suffer discomfort and possible damage to their health.
6. The e cigarette will save users from $1000 to $5000 per year over the cost of tobacco cigarettes depending upon what state the user lives in.
7. Users of e cigarettes have noticed an improvement in their overall health as opposed to when they smoked tobacco cigarettes. This includes a lessening of the shortness of breath cigarette smokers experience, a clearing of foreign substances from the lungs, better sleep and improved taste. All in all, most e cigarette users remark on their improved sense of calmness and well being since they started using the electronic cigarette.
8. The e cigarette is much safer to use than tobacco cigarettes in terms of overall environmental and fire safety. No one has been burnt alive when they fall asleep with an e cigarette in their hands unlike the many thousands of tobacco smokers who have died in agony after falling asleep while smoking.
9. The e cigarette can be used in most of the places where tobacco smoking has been banned. I have used my e cigarette in restaurants, movie theaters and at an indoor sports arena with no problems what so ever. I have, however, been informed by several major U.S. airlines that the use of e cigarettes is prohibited on all their flights. The people i spoke to were unable to tell me why they were banned and as a matter of fact, the person at Delta Airlines didn’t even know what an e cigarette was.
10. Most importantly, using the e cigarette does not cause lung cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure or emphysema like tobacco cigarettes. At this time, no major illnesses or diseases have been linked to using the e cigarette to quit smoking.
And The Cons Of An E Cigarette:
1. As of this writing, there is still no major medical research on e cigarettes and most of the studies are anecdotal or limited in scope. There is, however, a great deal of testimony from users that the e cigarette enabled them to quit smoking with less discomfort and greater ease than any other method they have ever tried.
2. There is a wide variety of e cigarettes on the market and as with any new product some manufacturers rely on truth and some rely on advertising propaganda. I would recommend that users buy their first e cigarette based on real product reviews or the experiences of other active users. I would also suggest that if possible you buy your first e cigarette at a mall or store where you can try it our before you buy it. This is quite easily done in a safe manner buy slipping a disposable, unused plastic sleeve over the filter portion of the e cigarette before you try it.
3. Do not expect the e cigarette to be a miracle cure all. Your success at quitting smoking will still require focus, discipline and some will power on your part. Put away your unrealistic expectations and work diligently to quit smoking.
4. Even if you stop smoking tobacco forever, remember that as long as you continue to use nicotine cartridges with your e cigarette, you will still be physically addicted to nicotine. While this is vastly better than smoking tobacco, eventually you should make an effort to quit using nicotine cartridges as well.
That about sums up my pros and cons as my first month using the e cigarette draws to a close. I feel better, i’m not smoking any tobacco and i am quite optimistic about quitting smoking permanently. I do intend to eventually stop using nicotine in any form and be totally free of my nicotine addiction. This is still in the future however, and for the moment, i am focusing on not smoking any tobacco cigarettes. When i feel i am truly tobacco free, i will then move on to the next step of being nicotine free and wont even use the e cigarette anymore.